Wednesday, February 19, 2014

life with twins

The last two weeks have been filled with a joy that I will never be able to explain, tears, pain, and a love I am so blessed to have.


People are in such surprise when they hear our story.  Some find it ridiculous that we didn't know we were having twins.  Some find it inspiring how God played it all out.  Today, I'm no longer surprised or in shock.  Instead, I'm nothing but grateful to be their mama.  They've brought us such joy and peace in the midst of the trial of Dans recovery.  There's nothing more beautiful than sitting back and seeing a baby in his arms.  After two miscarriages and Dans accident, I have only to be thankful.  All three of them are my miracles.  God gave them to me and didn't take them away when he easily could have allowed it.  He is a God of love and he has showered love on our family.

It hasn't been easy.  The nights are exhausting. The pain Dan has been in has been extreme at times.  Breastfeeding has been a huge challenge.  The kids have had to do a lot of adjusting.  I feel very overwhelmed from time to time.  It has truly been hard.  At the same time, I wouldn't change any of it.  

Thank you God, for these blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment